Voting |

Donate Securely with PayPal

Choose currency

Enter amount

You are here


To register to vote, either fill out and send in a Voter Registration Application or sign up when you renew your driver’s license. After you register, the Secretary of State will send your precinct card to your county who will then send it to you. Although, it is important to note that you don’t need to bring your precinct card to vote. Its purpose is to let you know where you need to go in order to vote.

What You Should Know:

  • See a list of upcoming election dates on the Georgia Secretary of State website.
  • Log in to My Voter Page to find your polling location and see a sample ballot for the upcoming election.
  • On Election Day, polling stations open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. If you can’t vote during those times, you can either vote early or send in an absentee ballot.
  • When you arrive at your polling station, you’ll need to bring a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or voter identification card.
  • The polls offer audio ballots for voters who are blind or have low vision and booths for voters in wheelchairs. If you need help with your ballot, you can ask a family member or friend to come with you to the polls and fill the ballot in with your choices.
  • Review voter turnout statistics and election results by going to the “Results & Stats” drop down on the Elections page of the Secretary of State website.


How do I request an absentee ballot?

Fill out, sign and send in by mail, fax, or email the Absentee Ballot Application. After your county election office reviews your application, you’ll receive your ballot at either the postal address or email address you noted on your application.

When is my absentee ballot due?

For voters within the country, all absentee ballots must arrive at your county election office by Election Day. If you’re currently a military or overseas voter and you post your absentee ballot on Election Day, make sure it arrives within 3 days.

Can I get an absentee ballot if I’m in the military?

Yes. The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) allows those who reside outside of the United States a chance to vote. The Georgia Secretary of State website provides useful resources to help you navigate the process. If you are a UOCAVA citizen who sent in your absentee ballot application but haven’t heard from your county election office, fill out and submit the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot. To vote for federal offices, you can write in either the candidate’s name or the proper political party. To vote for state and local offices, you must write in the candidate’s full name.

Source: Secretary of State. This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice. If you have questions regarding any matter contained on this page, please speak with the agency that is the source of the information.


Related posts

Leave a Comment