South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Donate Securely with PayPal

Choose currency

Enter amount

Criminal Histories may be requested
or via US mail. SLED Dissemination is no longer open to the public.

Individuals who qualify may apply for a new, renewal, or replacement CWP
online or via US mail.
more info…

How to contact SLED

– The
public may reach SLED through telephone number (803) 737-9000 or through a mailing
address of:

Post Office Box 21398

Columbia, SC 29221


The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) implemented a new Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) system on May 1st, 2018. SLED in partnership with
IdentoGo by IDEMIA, has developed the SLED EasyPath system. This streamlined system allows SLED to
process CWP’s as required by statute, while offering applicants a new online renewal process and adding a new online permit replacement feature as well.

In the next phase, SLED will implement a new online CWP registration and electronic fingerprinting capture system that will be available starting
January 8th, 2019. This phase will allow applicants for a


SC CWP to begin the application online and set up an appointment at an available
IdentoGo site. At the IdentoGo site they can submit their CWP application documentation and have their fingerprints taken and sent to SLED electronically.
SLED will continue to process all submitted applications received from the IdentoGo appointments made


and any applications made by


If you wish to continue to schedule your NEW CWP application onsite appointment, start an online permit renewal, or replacement application, please click this


but if you wish to submit a paper application instead and mail directly to SLED, please click



Alcohol Licensing Questions

(803) 896-7253

Record Checks & Expungement Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Records Checks (803) 896-1443 8:00-4:30

Expungements (803) 896-5972 8:00-4:30

To obtain a reduced fee record check verification account, a completed
Charitable Account Application Form
along with IRS documentation of Section 501 (c)(3) status must be submitted.
You may type directly into the application form on this website and print a copy
for mailing to SLED along with the IRS documentation.

For Fusion Center information,

click here.

Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)

Click to report suspicious activities

Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)

Please visit this link to report fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, or misconduct within or involving a state agency.

Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking Hotline


Related posts

Leave a Comment